Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Media Journal

For a full week, I kept track of every piece of media I used. And trust me, when I use the word every, I really do mean EVERY piece of media; whether it be books, radio, TV, etc. This was without a doubt, one of the most tedious school projects I have ever had to do. That being said, it was also probably one of the most eye opening and useful projects. In most projects that college students are forced to do, they are usually boring and completely unrelated to them or the course. These types of projects do not help the students in any way, if anything, it just wastes their time that they could be using to do other homework. Our Journal Project was different, it helped me to understand how much media I use. I truly did not think that I would be using 62 hours of media each week, especially with the busy schedule I keep. Most of this time was spent using textbooks for school or various websites for work. That part I expected. What I did not expect, was to learn how much time I spend on useless apps such as Twitter and Instagram. It really is quite eye opening, perhaps this will encourage me to change the way I use media.

No comments:

Post a Comment